What does a rating of "2B" mean? The following trail rating system has been adopted for use by the Canadian Volkssport Federation. It is applicable only to Canadian sanctioned walks.
Part 1 - Incline
1. Very little hill or stair climbing
2. Some moderate hill or stair climbing
3. Some significant hill or stair climbing
4. A good deal of significant hill or stair climbing
5. Many steep hills or high altitude trails
Part 2 – Terrain
A. Almost entirely on pavement, probably suitable for baby strollers.
B. A significant part of the walk takes place on well groomed trails with very little more difficult terrain.
C. A significant part of the walk takes place on somewhat difficult terrain (rocky/rooted paths).
D. A significant part of the walk takes place on very difficult terrain.
E. The majority of the walk takes place on very difficult terrain.