During the COVID-19 pandemic the club has been facing a historic and unprecedented challenge. The pandemic has changed everything in the way our organization has operated in the past. While we are still striving to promote Fun, Fitness, and Friendship, we are mindful and following the protocols and directions from the BC Provincial Health Office as they pertain to Sports and Recreation. Our top priority is to ensure the health, safety and well being of our members.
Since July 1st, Surrey Trekkers’ have been offering walks on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, to members only. We will continue to offer these walks until the crisis is over. Our schedule is forwarded to “members” via email; therefore the schedule on this site has not been updated.
The following are the guidelines we have in place.
An Annual Waiver is required by all members – signed and on file for all events.
- Registration occurs outside the location at a less congested area
- beginning from 09:30 – 10:00
- start of walks are staggered, between 3-5 minutes apart
- in groups of 2-6 (highly recommended that if you have a “bubble” you remain in that “bubble”
- a Mask must be worn when standing in front of the registration table
- payment is exact amount only (no change is given) For the two types of walks offered: $1.00 for Permanent Trails; $2.00 for Map Walks
- stamping (if you keep track of your mileage and events) is available at the start of the walk for both PT’s & MW’s
- Route Instructions are to be requested prior to the walk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or available at the walk, with one copy given to your “bubble”.
- Social Distancing during registration and walking members are requested to keep a distance of 2 meters at all times and to be polite, while walking and move over when others are on the trail.
- During this time, the walk boxes for the Permanent Trails are not in service. In most cases the boxes have been removed from their location. If walks are done on your own, we ask that distance and walks completed be kept track of and information forwarded to the club for stamps and registration.
If you are interested in joining the club, please send an email to email@example.com and information will be forwarded.